Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggest input output interface board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edvardas

Hello,

Could anyone suggest good input/ouput board? To buy or to make one.

I have expierence of using velleman K8055, K8061, is there any analogs of these devices from other companie's ? maybe there are some affordable devices that are even faster than K8061 i preffer USB connection and not mountable into PCI slot.

Thanks

Last edited:
I use Measurment Computing stuff as well as products from Dataq. The Velleman boards are nice experimenter boards but if you want boards exceeding 8 or 10 bit analog In & Out the cost goes up. It becomes a matter of what you want or need? There are literally dozens of companies out there marketing USB boards like this, just a matter of what you want to spend and what features you want. Just about all of them include a SDK (Software Developer Kit) for the software of your choosing as well as sample code. Again, the key word is "affordable".

Ron

It's for home and hobby usage. Like examing encoder signals, etc. affordable price i'd say would be 150$. All your links shows products with toooo big prices for me..

I'd say that K8055 is too slow for me now and K8061 is too expensive.. Could some1 suggest something?

Last edited:
This isn't a bad low end board. It has the following features:

Key Highlights
Two 10-bit analog outputs
One 32-bit external event counter
External trigger input
12-bit (DI), 11-bit (SE) resolution
8 single-ended or 4 differential analog inputs
16 digital I/O lines

When you start getting into faster scan speeds and higher bits they do get pricey real quick. One feature I like with analog inputs, beyond higher A/D bits is the ability to have differential or single ended inputs. That comes in real handy when you want to measure signals that do not or can not share a common ground.

I guess if someone was real enthusiastic they could roll their own using one of the many micro controllers out there. Maybe some of the other members will have some thoughts or reasonably priced boards to share a little above what you already have.

Ron

This isn't a bad low end board. It has the following features:

Key Highlights
Two 10-bit analog outputs
One 32-bit external event counter
External trigger input
12-bit (DI), 11-bit (SE) resolution
8 single-ended or 4 differential analog inputs
16 digital I/O lines

When you start getting into faster scan speeds and higher bits they do get pricey real quick. One feature I like with analog inputs, beyond higher A/D bits is the ability to have differential or single ended inputs. That comes in real handy when you want to measure signals that do not or can not share a common ground.

I guess if someone was real enthusiastic they could roll their own using one of the many micro controllers out there. Maybe some of the other members will have some thoughts or reasonably priced boards to share a little above what you already have.

Ron

Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back