Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggest an ic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly you wouldn't find that perfect temperature sensor having all you need. I think LM 35 is the IC that you need. It has a supply requirement of 4v - 30v which covers the range you've specified. It also has high accuracy of 0.5V. So why not LM 35?

I'm going to go out on a limb and answer for the OP. His problem is logistical rather than technical. They are pure unobtanium wherever in the world he is located or at least it's his impression that they are.

actually i want an ic which is linear in output chara and LM 35 is not geting .Thats y i want to use another one instead of it

Last edited:
Anjalikrishna1985 said:
actually i want an ic which is linear in output chara and LM 35 is not geting .Thats y i want to use another one instead of it
I'm not sure that there is such a thing as a temperature sensor with a linear output. Using a micro to to this little job is one of the great joys.

hi,

The LM35 does have a linear output of 10mV/Cdeg over the temperature range of -55C thru +150C, with a guaranteed accuracy 0.5C @ 25C.

The datasheet gives a number of application circuits.

So why dosn't this device meet your requirement?

There is a LM335 device with gives 10mV/Kdeg [Kelvin].

EricG

Sorry, my reply was for thermocouples and RTD devices with which I have had some experience. I took the OP's word for it that the LM35 did not meet his requirements. If he had made his REQUIREMENTS CLEAR we could have saved some bandwidth and disk space on this so far utterly useless thread. I've never used an LM35, but it sounds like a useful part to have in your bag of tricks.

What is your problem using the LM35?

I assume you mean 'why' when you write 'y'.
Perhaps if you write whole words your software will work better too.

ericgibbs said:
The LM35 does have a linear output of 10mV/Cdeg over the temperature range of -55C thru +150C, with a guaranteed accuracy 0.5C @ 25C.

Be sure to use the right circuit to achieve such values. Heres an example from my experiments with the device;

**broken link removed**

Disregard the signal generator, it was for simulation of the circuit, but as you can see, its not as simple as connecting it and measuring 10mV increaments for its full -55 to +150 range

**broken link removed**

hi gramo,

I'm using the same technique with a 16F877 it works fine.

The only trouble I found was with the +5V to the LM35, with the two diodes in the ground line.

The LM35 is rated at +4V thru 20V. With a fwd voltage drop of about 1.4V across the diodes, it gives only +3.6V across the LM35 and I found at the higher temp end the linearity fell off.

Finished up using the +9V supply on my pcb, cured the problem.

Regards
Eric

Anjalikrishna1985 said:
hai frds,
pls suggest a temperature sensor ic having a linear output chara,high accuracy,supply voltage ranges from 5v -10v other than LM 35

Though not an IC, you may see whether KTY10 from Siemens can be incorporated into the design. datasheet can be from www.alldatasheet.com

amanmahadeshwar said:
how does one ask a question i'm new here
You locate the button that says...."New Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back