Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest a Transducer..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatbuddy

Ok here is my requirement...

I have a laser transmitter from which it is so and so distance from ground.
lemme say its 5m from the ground. It has a pole which it takes a base platform.

What actually i need is to correctly position the transmitter automatically
not manually.

I mean the transmitter must itself position correctly if it exceeds the height morethan 5m and viceversa.

Can u suggest anything which fullfill my requirement?

Just to make sure: the purpose is to keep the laser transmitter at a constant 5 metres (or whatever distance) above ground level, right? So perhaps it will be mounted on a moving vehicle?

Over what kinds of surfaces will the sensor be used? For instance, will it have to tell the distance to pavement, gravel, a field, or something else?

Torben

Na na It was not mounted on moving vehicle its standard which is to be stayed on the ground.

Ok and about surfaces its normal fields where we r going to use..

Na na It was not mounted on moving vehicle its standard which is to be stayed on the ground.

Ok and about surfaces its normal fields where we r going to use..

hi,
Is this related to the Levelling Laser project.?:)

@Mikebits

But its just measuring instrument and i need a device which measures and automatically
position the Laser txr.
Anyway thanks for ur quick response.

Anymore suggestions from anyone?

A micro-switch with a long bit of string , if the base is fixed and un-moving and all you need is true/false or under/ over indication of height then why get complicated.

Last edited:
Ok here is my requirement...

I have a laser transmitter from which it is so and so distance from ground.
lemme say its 5m from the ground. It has a pole which it takes a base platform.

What actually i need is to correctly position the transmitter automatically
not manually.

I mean the transmitter must itself position correctly if it exceeds the height morethan 5m and viceversa.

Can u suggest anything which fullfill my requirement?

hi GB,
When I read your specification carefully, the way its worded, means you just need a 5mtr long pole with the laser screwed to the top so that its always 5mtr up the pole.

I think what you maybe really asking for is that the laser must be always 5mtr up from a starting point Datum above the GROUND, even if the pole base is moved above or below the Datum.
Say, when the pole base is repostioned on say a depression in the ground or a rise in the ground, the laser is moves up/down the pole, so it maintains the 5mtr above the original Datum level.

Is that what you mean.?:)

If Yes, what accuracy do you require.?

@ericgibbs

Accuracy may be + or - 4mm

hi,
Thats tight.!

I suspect what you are trying to do is to replace the scanning laser levelling beam system with a vertical displacement system at what would be at the receiving end of a normal laser leveller.???

The nearest system I have seen to that is GPS, but no where near the accuracy or update rate you want.

Last edited:
Na na u r totally wrong..
@ericgibbs

I want to keep the reciever at a fixed position by default and whenever any
changes occurs in the height then it must fix it automatically.
I mean to say is that the txr must be fixed at 5m and manual settings must be avoided.

And there is no replacement of txr.

I think what we don't understand is why the distance to the ground is changing. If we understood more about that the thing actually is, we could help more.

Torben

I think what we don't understand is why the distance to the ground is changing. If we understood more about that the thing actually is, we could help more.
Torben

hi Torben,
He is trying to move the pole within an undulating field area, hoping that the laser will stay above a original datum height reference point on the field.

A budget leveller.:)

hi Torben,
He is trying to move the pole within an undulating field area, hoping that the laser will stay above a original datum height reference point on the field.

A budget leveller.:)

Morning Eric!

Thank you for the translation--it makes sense now.

Torben

Morning Eric!

Thank you for the translation--it makes sense now.

Torben

Morning Torben,
I have seen people trying to develop something similar to this idea.

Its not easy, it can be done using accelerometers to calculate the offset distance from the Datum.
We did a 'heave compensation' system for Inshore Survey vessels, it does work, but its not cheap and the accuracy we had was about +/-0.1mtr at best.

A stationary, scanning laser leveller [very narrow beam] is positioned at a known height ref point, from which the remote receivers measure their offset, to do what GB is trying.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back