Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Successor of DS18B20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody I'm a college student having finished some projects.One of the projects I've recently completed is based on the DS18B20 digital thermometer.which has ceased production for some reason.I don't know why they stopped producing such a fine sensor and It's not important,all I need is a successor of it.The DS18S20 is sold nearly twice as much as the B type in here and I'm not sure it will continue being on sale in future.I went to the maxim's official site( **broken link removed** ) for some info,unfortiunately the DS18B20 is still on that page,which means I couldn't be sure of the supply status of any series listed there.Could anyone give me a peice of advice about what component to go with?

I mean, this is some business problem. In my country i also have a same trouble with DS18S20... And i receive two free samples within four days directly from Dallas.

I searched the network of the U.S,where Dallas is located

and found there's the same problem even in it's native country.I live in China and when I request samples,they are delivered from the Maxim agent located in Beijing.I tried it before,they said the 1820 series is not available for samples.There's no way to reach Dallas headquarter directly,so :cry:

mmmm interesting I ordered 2 samples of the ds18s20 on the 10th of August and it only took 8 days to get over here in Oz from Gremany :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back