Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subwoofer connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixnum

Can you tell me how to make connection for subwoofer from a 2-way dividing network / 3-way dividing network connection ?

Thank you,

Have a good day !

A two-way crossover network divides the frequencies for a tweeter and a woofer, not for a sub-woofer.
A three-way crossover network divides the frequencies for a tweeter, a midrange and a woofer. Also not for a subwoofer.

A crossover for a subwoofer is an active circuit that divides the line level signal frequencies so that very low frequencies go to the subwoofer's amplifier and the other frequencies go to the other speakers' amplifiers.

Thank Audioguru !

Can you tell me the circuit diagram of a crossover for subwoofer ?

Have a good day !

This circuit is an excellent active crossover. The opamps can be TL072 dual and TL074 quad. They need a dual polarity supply for this circuit.
For a crossover frequency of 102Hz then replace the 33nF capacitors with 100nF and replace the 66nF capacitors with 200nF (two 100nF in parallel).

Attachments

• active crossover circuit.PNG
    active crossover circuit.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 3,205
audioguru,
For the benefit of the original poster could you please post formulae for calculating the cut-off frequencies.

This is the calculation for determining the frequency of a Linkwitz-Riley crossover:

Attachments

• crossover calculation.PNG
    crossover calculation.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 348
audioguru said:
This circuit is an excellent active crossover. The opamps can be TL072 dual and TL074 quad. They need a dual polarity supply for this circuit.
For a crossover frequency of 102Hz then replace the 33nF capacitors with 100nF and replace the 66nF capacitors with 200nF (two 100nF in parallel).
Hello. Could you tell me how to convert this circuit so that I could use this circuit with a single polarity supply ?or If you have any sub woofer circuit that uses single polarity supply so could you share with me the schematic ?
Thanks !

For a single supply voltage you need to add an opamp that makes a "phantom ground" voltage of half the supply voltage. then all the parts that bias the opamps must connect to its output instead of to ground.

Dear Friend,

Can you have 2 way network circuit diagram for woofer and tweeter ?

Thank you,

Have a good day !

I showed the circuit for an excellent 2-way active crossover.

The circuit for a 2-way passive crossover network depends on the spec's of the woofer and the tweeter.
Some excellent speakers just use a capacitor to make a simple highpass filter for the tweeter and an inductor to make a simple lowpass filter for the woofer. But other tweeters are too fragile and need a shraper cutoff. Also other woofers have a bad resonance at about 5kHz that needs to be attenuated.

The speaker manufacturer should have recommended crossover circuits for their speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back