Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

substitution of lamp with led on turn signals lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thio

Hi everyone this is my first post I hope it is the right section.
Let me explaing my problem

I whish to substitute the turn signals lights of my motocycle with leds. The problem is that with leds the signals will turn too quickly due to the different courrent adsorbed by the led. I know that the solution usually used is to put a lamp or a resistance in parallel to the led in order to simulate the original lamp.
To be honest I don't like too match this solution and I was looking for something alternative.

I can't change the rele otherwise the solution would be simple.

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Don't think there's anyway around adding a load in parallel with the LEDs. The flasher is designed for a specific current load and when it sees a smaller load, it flashes at a faster rate. That normally indicates you have a burned out bulb.

If it were an automobile, you can buy a "solid-state" flasher, where the flash rate is constant, regardless of load current.

If it were an automobile, you can buy a "solid-state" flasher, where the flash rate is constant, regardless of load current.

I thought about that but the problem is that the flashing is given directly by the dashboard thus I cannot change it

I recently read about a car that senses the reduced current in an LED tail light, decides the bulb is burnt out, and does something stupid, like refuse to let the air conditioner come on. If we only had more computers in our cars...

Anyway, be watchful. The more computers in the vehickle, the stranger it gets.

My ABS (Anti Lock Braking) fault light was coming on, but only at night.

I had a loose earth connection on one of my stop/tail lights. The ungrounded tail light fed a small voltage into the brake light wiring (through the common fixture) and the computer was confused because I didn't have the brake pedal depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back