Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

substituting A/D converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

raitl

**broken link removed**
I'm looking to replace the MC14505 with an analogue IC from MAXIM's product line. My head is spinning from searching... I'd appreciate if anyone could lead me in the right direction.

I want to build the oscilloscope which schematics I posted. I wanted to build that exact one because it should be the picotech one for which there's free software for.

EDIT: The reason I want to use specifically MAXIM IC-s is that I can get them cheaper than anything else.

raitl said:
I want to build the oscilloscope which schematics I posted. I wanted to build that exact one because it should be the picotech one for which there's free software for.

In which case you need to buy the EXACT IC used!.

well that's what I was afraid of... does anyone know if there is a PC oscilloscope based on any MAX ADC IC's?

Are links to other forums allowed here? I can't remember.**broken link removed** is a huge thread on homemade DSOs.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Ron H said:
Are links to other forums allowed here? I can't remember.**broken link removed** is a huge thread on homemade DSOs.

I don't know?, but I've certainly no problem with a relevent link like that one!.
Cool! :)
I found one DSO in that thread that uses a Maxim A/D (MAX1448), and there may be more, but it may be too complex for our OP, unless he is proficient with FPGAs, USB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back