Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

...Substitute for ML2035 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martel

While lookimg at a DC to tone coverter, i found a very interesting IC: The ML2035 from Fairchild.

The ML2035 is a small 8 pin DIP low frequency programmable sinewave generator (audio DDS).

It can generate signals from DC to 25 kHz with a simple 3 to 12 MHz crystal.

Unfortunately, this IC is obsolete. Digi-Key is not offering anymore and on eBay, thieves are asking 30 dollars for it.

Does anyone kmow a decent substitute for the ML2035 ? I know that Analog Devices have good RF DDS IC's but i'd prefer something that doesn't require the design constraints of an RF DDS. Furthermore, Analog are sick at manufacturing the SMALLEST packages possible !

Thanks for your help.

Thanks...

I already wrote ASM code for a DDS application using a PIC. And i still use it today.

The problem is that the code requires over 30 instruction for a single step. So, i'm quite limited on the higher frequencies. That's why i'm looking for an 'intermediate" DDS chip.

(something that could generate DC to sub-MHz or a few MHz).

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back