Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subscriptions and the main forum interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
After logging in, the default opening page is the main forum with all of the forums available there in one click. I personally haven't used this starting page in over a year my ETO bookmark goes directly to the subscription page, because after I come back the first thing I want to see is the responses in any threads I've been taking part in. I then go to unanswers posts and then if I still have any time browse the forums I like most for new posts.

It makes a whole lot of sense to me for something like this to be the default home page for ETO, maybe not the stock subscriptions page, but perhaps the main page could be redesigned to add the first 5 active subscriptions with new content right at the top.

I think this would help newer users and those unfamiliar with PHP boards with a strong suggestion that the subscription feature is a powerful tool to simplify the viewing of posts a person has made, currently it's only available via a saved direct link or the drop down box on "My Acount" Not very intuitive.

If the main page pushed more information to the user rather than forcing them to sift through it all on their own or know how to properly navigate it it might get more users to post, or do more than single posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back