Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sub woofer bypass to always on

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant2

Hi there,
I have a Def Tech Pro Sub 600 and it will not come out of sleep.
If I toggle the power switch repeatedly, it will trigger it to come on but after 30mins it switches off and wont come back on.
Have tried all the inputs with the same problem.

This sub does not have a auto/ on off switch.

Anyone has the circuits? Ideas how to perhaps by pass it so it always turns on?

Thanks
Andy

i worked on DefTech subs for about 9 years.... no schematics were available, DefTech only sells the woofer and the amp module.

i worked on DefTech subs for about 9 years.... no schematics were available, DefTech only sells the woofer and the amp module.

It's common on most equipment these days - as an ex-Sony dealer engineer in the later years there weren't even any schematics in the service manuals, many other makes had been like that for years. Basically, the equipment is so cheap (they are pretty well giving it away) there's no money available for spares or service.

So it would seem, if you want to solve your problem, you will have to try to generate a schematic from the PCB.

Thank you all for your reply.

I did manage to trace and got the bypass to work BUT in the process screwed something up- no sound now! (Cud be because I had to heat up the board to remove the glue to expose the SMD).
Sad to see that sub go to landfill.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back