Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stupid electronic book I'm through... help me understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like putting it in the fire because it's dumb.

First of all, they show us how to install an amperemeter and they say to plug it + with the source + and to the resistor, in serie.

Ok. Fine. What the hell, earlier they said that current worked from negative to positive, now it's the other way and it just happens, they don't even talk about it.

And later we get a question; and the answer is to plug the amperemeter in serie with the negative of the source and to the positiv of the resistor R1.
What a piece of ... ? Where's the logic.
Resistor R1 is close to the + of the source.

To clear up, current doesn't flow from + to -, it goes from - to +.
In chemical, hell quantum physics, it goes form - to +

Dumbbook pice of scrap, PROTONS DONT MOVE YOU STUPID BOOK! Electroncs move.
Protons are the positivs.............

Oh and after chapter 2, when they sum up what we learned they said that electrons were the moving particles (free electrons)..

What a freakin piece of wasted pages, ELECTRONS ARE NOT PARTICLES.

Electrons are frequencies. Just like photons are not PARTICLES they are waves. That's why they go so fast.

I want to punch the guy who wrote the book for messing people up.

Now give me a reason not to put this book in the toilet and poop on it (I won't cause by bro-in-law lent it to me)

IM PISSED

Last edited:
Obviously you have never heared of conventional current, it flows from +ve to -ve.
It is the opposite of electron flow, which flows from -ve to +ve.

You may want to check on wave - particle duality:
Wave?particle duality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So stop crying like a big baby and realise that you dont know anywhere near as much as you think you do.

JimB

There's no need or reason to know which way anything flows - it doesn't affect anything.

Personally I always consider current flows from top of the circuit to the bottom - regardless of polarity.

Yes I did.

Why do you post a link to wave particles as they are clearly waves. That's what I said above.

And that's not the point.

The point is that the book don't talk about it all, they tell people to do that, and all of the sudden schematics and answers on how to do is reverse.

I already knew that +- in electricity = -+ in chemistry.

They should have develloped the subject a bit more.

So stop being an arrogant old rag "and realise that you dont know anywhere near as much as you think you do."

Electrons are particles not waves but particles can sometimes behave like waves (beta rays) and waves can behave like particles (electromagnetic radiation).

Wave-like behaviour tends to be observed more as particles get smaller and particle-like behaviour seems to be more common as wavelengths get smaller. There's probably a reason for this, I admit I don't know, this is something I've observed from reading about quantum mechanics.

By the way, drop the attitude, there's no need to swear - I get the feeling you're just being a troll so I'll stop feeding you.

Last edited:
Electrons are particles not waves but particles can sometimes behave like waves (beta rays) and waves can behave like particles (electromagnetic radiation).

Gday hero,
Are you sure electromagnetic waves are particles.??

All matter can appear to be particles or waves , it depends how you are measuring it.

Gday hero,
Are you sure electromagnetic waves are particles.??
That's not what I said, note my wording:

waves can behave like particles (electromagnetic radiation).

You've heard of photons.

That's not what I said, note my wording:

waves can behave like particles (electromagnetic radiation).

You've heard of photons.

The query I was making was that you seem to be stating 'electromagnetic radiation' is an example of particles.
Yes, I know of photons, but many physicists quote them as waves, especially in quantum mechanics.

Its one of those discussions that can have two answers, both correct or so we believe at the moment.

No, I was using it as an example of how waves can behave like particles and vice versa.

I know that photons aren't not particles but waves, yet thy can behave like particles.

I know that beta rays are not waves but particles, yet they can behave like waves.

Last edited:
No, I was using it as an example of how waves can behave like particles and vice versa.

I know that beta rays are not waves but particles, yet they behave like waves.

hi,
As I said earlier ALL matter can be either a particle or wave, it depends on how you measure it.

A classic experiment with photons is, if you pass one photon thru a slit you can get two 'images'.

hi,
As I said earlier ALL matter can be either a particle or wave, it depends on how you measure it.

A classic experiment with photons is, if you pass one photon thru a slit you can get two 'images'.
On a small subatomic scale yes, on a large scale no.

I know you already know this, it's for the benefit of those who don't.

A wave moving along the surface of a lake is no way partials.

A stone being thrown at your head is no way a wave.

EDIT:

Yet when we talking about neutrons, electrons, protons etc. they can often behave like waves and when we're talking about high frequency electromagnetic radiation (about near infra-red and shorter) it can behave like particles.

Last edited:
My point was when you're critiquing a book it would be helpful to indicate the title. Of course it helps if you know something about the subject matter.

Q to long-term (I did not say old) members: GotS has been on this forum for a month and is allready barred. What do I need to do to this distinction?

I don't know what you're asking?

We get people like this every now and then.

He might do any of the following:

1. Return and apologise for his behaviour.
  2. Leave and never return.
  3. Come back worse and get banned permanently.
  4. Return and carry on like nothing has happened.
  5. Sign up for another account and return under a different name.

I don't know which way this is going to go. I think #1 is his best option if he is able to change his behaviour and #2 if not.

That depends on how well he behaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back