Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STUDENT looking for help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy

Just wondering here, i'm triggering a counter, how do i make a comparator have an adjustable trigger?? add more Res's and Cap's?

mossy said:
Just wondering here, i'm triggering a counter, how do i make a comparator have an adjustable trigger?? add more Res's and Cap's?

Your description is severly lacking in describing what you want to do. But I'll take a stab at reading your mind.

To adjust the threshold voltage in a comparator circuit (trigger?), you can use a voltage divider where one of the resistors is a potentiometer.(adjustable!) that give you an adjustable "trigger" point.

If you provide your schematic, someone can provide a markup of what you need. Otherwise, its just mind reading and describing circuits with english. Good luck.

mossy said:
Why not just make an astable multivibrator?
a 555 timer will work nicely as your counter clock.

and nice avatar :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back