Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strobe project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDelgado1989

Hey guys, being as this is my first post, just figured I'd introduce myself real quick. Names Miguel, 17 years old, and I play drums.

What I am trying to do is to mount a strobe light inside my bass drum, and trigger it to go off every time I hit the drum. I have already tried drum triggers, but have not been successful. The only other thing I could think of, was mounting a type of vibration sensor to the drum and hooking it up to the Strobe. If anyone has any idea, of any other methods, or can help guide me through this method, I would GREATLY appreciate. Thank you for taking time to read this and thank you in advance for any responses.

Note: Please take into consideration that there will be some pretty strong vibration in the drum, so whatever sensor I use, if I do end up using one, has to be able to take a few licks in it. Thank you again.

Take care
- Miguel

you could use a vibration switch with an op-amp connecting to your light (or relay if it is a high power bulb)

here are some vibration switches: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back