Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strobe light again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

I'm still working on my strobe light, and right now I'm trying to find a suitable opto-isolator so that I can safely trigger my strobe with a 555 or something. It has to be capable of at least 350V, but I'd prefer 400.

I'm looking at electronics goldmine right now, they have a MOC3063 but it has a zero-crossing circuit (I'm assuming the triac will only 'fire' when the high voltage reaches 0V). Since I'm using DC, I figure this wont work.
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/MO/MOC3063-M.pdf

Now they have plenty of NPN optoisolators for sale, but I dont think they can handle the 400Vdc. However, I'm thinking that I can use one of these NPN isolators to control a seperate triac.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Here's the schematic I'm using for my strobe: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back