Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stress meter help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gadget is based on the principle
that the resistance of the skin varies
in accordance with your emotional
states. If the stress level is high the
skin offers less resistance, and if the
body is relaxed the skin resistance is
high. The low resistance of the skin
during high stress is due to an increase
in the blood supply to the skin. This
increases the permeability of the skin
and hence the conductivity for electric
current.

Just about all gadgets like this are based on the same thing. They are gadgets and little more. No two people will have identical skin surface conduction for any given circumstances. Perspiration levels will vary (perspiration contains salt). If a room for example is warm some people will perspire more than others. the conduction of skin surface will vary, even to include what an individual's diet may have been.

Again, these are a gadget, a novelty, and little more.

Ron

Thanks for your reply my friend...i know all these buddy...i just wanna know the circuit will work or not....tats enough for me...

Thanks for your reply my friend...i know all these buddy...i just wanna know the circuit will work or not....tats enough for me...

Well if you know and understand the variables and understand the circuit then yes, it will do something. Will the LEDs light? Yes, if the resistance across the finger bridge is low enough. Will it actually indicate stress, heck no. It's a novelty thing and that is it. Remove the finger pad and replace it with a 1 M Ohm pot.

Ron

Some people have stress only when they tell the truth (maybe because the tell lies all the time).

This works the same way, except it's designed to get the aliens out of your head by removing any spare cash you have.
**broken link removed**

thanks yaa...

stress meter almost over..but what is touch pad??and what stuff i can use as touch pads??plss reply...

stress meter almost over..but what is touch pad??and what stuff i can use as touch pads??plss reply...

Stress meter was over before it started.

What kind of touch pad? A touch pad can be as simple as two conductors bridged by the touch of a finger. Easily made with sticky back aluminum or copper foil. You can make your own in a few min.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back