Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange Tantalum capacitor codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistair016

Hey everybody,

Just looking for a little bit of advice. I'm repairing some old-ish (1970's) East German audio electronics, and I've got some dodgy Tantalums that need replacing. However, they have codes on them I've never seen. As well as showing the positive pin and stating 35v, they merely say 1, 2.2 and 4.7 (there are 3 different caps).
I'm guessing they mean uF judging by there size, but I'm not really sure, it could just as easily be pF. For what it's worth, the 1 and 2.2 are green, and the 4.7 is blue.
Has anyone seen these before?

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I replaced them with those value Tantalums and all problems fixed! I understand there are positive and negative aspects to the tantalums, but it's in the signal path of the audio so I wanted to keep it as close to original as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back