Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkvenki

Hi All,

I'm facing a very strange problem in due course of my development.

My application is called Modbus.

When i download my Modbus code to my controller, the code gets downloaded.
Automatically it gets reset, and starts working perfectly, without any problems.

But if i reset it now. Then after a few statements after reset the controller seems to hang. Now comes the interesting part. Now even if i download my Modbus code, the controller hangs after executing a few statements after reset.

But if i download some other code ( ANY CODE) and then download the Modbus code it works. But after a reset the controller behaves in a similar way given above.

See the flowchart of the problem attached. I intend to provide a clear picture of my problem through this flowchart.

I'm stuck up at this strange problem.
Friends...any suggestions??

Attachments

• problem_flow.JPG
    problem_flow.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 139
Your description suggest that something is not initialised correctly. To try and identify the problem you could try,
Initialise all ram to a fixed value.
Call all initialise routines twice to see if they hang the second time.
Try to identify where the code stops and work back from there.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back