Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strange behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

So I programmed a pic with nigels 1.2 tutorial code powered the pic in the zif socket of the programmer board I connect to my pickit 2 and plugged the led and resistor straight into a header next to the pic.
now apart from the led flashing very faintly (whereas the same resistor value and led work fine as a power on indicator) it only flashes versus staying on when I hold the board in my hand or touch the end of the diodes limiting resistor thats connected to the pic.
why is this ?

Thunderchild said:
it only flashes versus staying on when I hold the board in my hand or touch the end of the diodes limiting resistor thats connected to the pic.
why is this ?
Its behaviour changes when you touch it? Pull up your MCLR pin with a 33K or so resistor. It needs to be pulled up to VDD (5V) or strange/bad things will happen.

hehe yea futz thats probably it, no bill I didn't couldn't wait to see some action so built it onto the proggy board (the one I plug pickit 2 into).

I'll have to make a proper circuit but at least the programming etc was successful

mind you nigels tutorial schematic does not have the MCLR pulled up its used as a port what do you do when you want to use the MCLR pin as a port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back