Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stopping a band stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I have a box, inside is a band-stop filter, ima guess a series-parallel one, with both ends of filter coming out of the box,

now, if i wanted to disable that band stop to allow my signals to pass through, is there a way i could somehow send a surge pulse to cause a short-circuit type fault? (so my signal gets through?

possible?

Last edited:
Without knowing what's inside the box, it's not possible to answer your question. Why not just bypass the box?

I presume he's on an old analogue cable system, and want's to steal the blocked channels?.

That was about my guess. Those damn tamper proof connectors! :)

Ron

OK ya got me, but just for edu purposes, not that it really matters since they will be obsolete in a yr or 2, besides id never use my tamper tool illegally,

actually i ran in to a filter that due to an amplifier(and maybe some feedback or maybe defective) caused the output signal to be double (after removing the amp), was just thinking about that and maybe if it could double the output signal like that, I have seen inside splitters where they use coupled inductors to do the split, but filters are pure LC, I know i have seen ones that bleed the bands,

was just wondering if there could be a method to this madness!?

Give this link a read. Many, many years ago they were popular here in the US. I have not seen one used in well over 20 years.

Ron

looking at the diag, id say that uses a series LC then a parallel LC then another series LC, so according to that would i want to eliminate c1(in series) without hitting L1 or C2,

would a short enough spike do that?

OR maybe im way off in the thinking:?!

would a short enough spike do that?
A high voltage spike can have unpredictable results. It may result in a component failing open circuit or short circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back