Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stock up on the shack parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

well I'm sure most of you who go to the shack (Radio shack) often have noticed a strange change.

They are not stocking any more of the small electronics that were so handy when you needed them ASAP

just yesterday i went in and they were taking out the drawers of parts like resistors, LEDs, circuit boards.

all the great stuff that was so useful.

they are leaning in towards selling consumer electronics now like ipods, Stereos, TVs...

most stores are even closing down

i have never seen a shack packed with people....they workers normally work in 2=3 stores at a time as well and are never doing much of anything.

so if you see one going out of biz and getting ready to fold in be sure to get the items on sale and resell them on eBay a few weeks later

now i rely on online electronic orders which is not the best for those "needed asap items"

i have made lots of orders with allelectronics.com but I'm staying away from them now as their shipping went up some due to the up in prices for USPS mail......

more info at this link (you may have to sign up for the board to view though)
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=46078.0

Some years back now, we had Tandy here in the UK. It was a UK version of radio shack. The very same thing happened to them, they stopped selling components and moved into stereos, PA equiptment, lighting etc and soon after closed down.

I know what you mean about the small comonents though, I always forget something in my orders, but luckily have a Maplin near enough to me now to get them. More expensive there naturally, but it's ok for odd bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back