Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stimulus for Software UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
Chip: 12F683 @ 8MHz
Development tool: MPLab 8.92 (latest); MPLab Sim
Software: Bit-banged from Mike McLaren(K8LH ; Date: 27-Nov-04 (rev 22-Dec-04)) Downloaded from PicList
Language: MPASM

I been through the program and followed its flow. It compiles fine. He sets up TMR2 for a 104 uS interrupt (9600 baud) and does all of the testing and mechanics between interrupts. I would like to run it in simulation and have never done anything more complex than firing a trigger and a recurring PWM stimulus. There is an IOC to identify the receive start bit. I can handle that.

1) Without pre-loading it in the program, how would you simulate a transmitted byte and a received byte using the simulator (1 start, 8 data, ≥1 stop, no parity)?

2) Similarly, how can you set and change flag bits in a register during simulation?

Regards, John

The only way i can see doing the flag bits, would be through a stimulus file, but i am not sure. for this kind of thing i would probably use isis in conjunction with mplab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back