Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Still problem with 556 circuit - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all. :(

Further to a previous post where I asked if a tranny was correct I have built another copy of the chirp generator, and yet again it doesn't work.

I replaced the 2n3904 on the drawing with its coplimentary 2n3906 hoping this would solve the problem as advised on the forum, as the drawing stated a 2n3904 in the text but showed a pnp tranny in the drawing.

The problem I have is that the output to the piezo beeper is only giving very quiet clicks, and i mean quiet, you need to concentrate to hear them at all.

I know the sounder is ok ( its from a fire alarm system, one of the kind with dip switches that can be changed to give sirens etc ) as when I tested it and set it on continuous I was nearly deaf by the time I'd done. It draws 9.5mA on full volume at 12v dc.

The pics are the best I can get and the wires from the board are as follows -

Red = 12v +
Yellow = Ground
Bell wire goes to siren ( it has a line along one side so I know which is pos)

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions I would be forever grateful and absolutely overjoyed if I ever get this little devil working.

Thanks for looking.......Al

Attachments

• circ555front1.jpg
    circ555front1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 184
  • circ555front2.jpg
    circ555front2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 189
  • circ555front3.jpg
    circ555front3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 169
  • circ555front4.jpg
    circ555front4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 230
  • circ555front5.jpg
    circ555front5.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 218
  • circ555front6.jpg
    circ555front6.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 175
  • circ555rear.jpg
    circ555rear.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Chirp gen1.jpg
    Chirp gen1.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 248
Hi to all,

Just to say I solved the problem, with another piezo buzzer!

Which means I have yet another working circuit! hooray.......Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back