Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STILL excluded from School

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
I am still waiting for the School to decide if they are going to let me back, I am getting bored though. I got kicked out a couple of weeks ago for selling some the stuff I make, apparently its against the rules and a big NO NO, we are a 'cashless School'. You get a card that parents go online and top up for you, you use that for paying for vending machine stuff,meals and the School shop. They dont allow you to have money on you, but I dont take cards only cash! So people I sold stuff to had to bring in money, I got caught with £45 on me, the funny thing about it was, the moment they found the £45 suddenly 3 teachers had lost £45 that same day :rolleyes:.
They are really unsure what to do about me, two hearings so far and both times I have been asked if I would do it again. Obviously I told the truth and said yes, maybe this time I should lie??? but then again why should I?
Monday is next hearing. This is going to hit my trade hard whatever happens :meh:,I was making handy money from cubes etc:meh:, the best bit is next week in enterprise week at School!

Ahh... Grasshopper...
You have learned the tyrany and illogicality of teachers and the school system in general.

One of the happiest days of my life, leaving school for the very last time.
The trouble is I cannot remember it, only how much happier I was afterwards.

If you have not seen or heared it before, try this:

JimB

suddenly 3 teachers had lost £45 that same day
Oh, so it's ok for teachers to have cash in school?? Life's unfair, LG.

suddenly 3 teachers had lost £45 that same day
I did not say it last time, but as the story is relayed here, that really does sound like some kind of lying and corruption.

JimB

Yes but the rules are the rules. You need to sell your stuff outside of school and tell them you will never have money in school again.
Some times you need to work around the system to stay in the system.
Good Luck

Dad plays pink floyd all the time:rolleyes: it's his age :D. I cant sell outside of School because I live 25 miles from School, it would be really hard to sort out. Lucky for me I am so OCD because every transaction was in my book and everyone gets a receipt and 12 months Guarantee!
Thinking about it we are not allowed phones at School, if your caught they take them off you but I dont know anyone that has ever had one returned. I take a phone to School but its switched off, and dad has given me a letter to put inside the cover, mum and dad insist I have one in case I miss the bus home or something. That way they can contact me. There is all kinds of strange stuff not allowed in my School, for example compasses (the sharp point maths things), metal rulers,chewing gum,BOILED SWEETS!!! Dad says to just stop selling, oh well at least I get time for projects!

Dad says to just stop selling

Mail Order ?

You have your "sample" with you to demonstrate to the punters, but the financial transaction is done by post.
They send you cash/cheque in the post, and you send the cube to them by post.
To make it easy, you could even supply your customers with an envelope with your address and a slip for writing their return address.

Am I leading you astray here?

JimB

Tell them to put the £45 on your card and you would happily comply. Then do as Jim is suggesting; mail order through the post; but the product to be delivered at school. (Cashless transaction now your just special delivery)

You get a card that parents go online and top up for you
Can you get your customers (or their parents) to do that in payment for your products?

Something tells me that someday you will a billionaire with an interesting story to tell about your early school years. :)

Great idea guys!!! I can just get the kids to use there card via paypal! Our system is set up so we can order books via Amazon at School, they do it through Amazone thingy or paypal! If its paypal then I can use it on ebay :D. Nothing in the rules about me 'GIVING' things at School!
Of course I will have to adjust my prices to reflect the rise in transaction costs, but I could discount for bulk orders :D. I must take a pic of our driveway, its smothered in daffodils.
Some of you have seen the pic I posted ages ago from google of where I live, but this is a shot of the bottom of the drive from google
Firefox_Screenshot_2014-04-01T15-11-27.961Z.png

I cut the flowers this weekend and sold them for mothers day to people who parked in the lay by opposite the drive. 200 bunches of flowers :D. So I am now lending to the bank of dad this week at special interest rates :D

While I was at school, about your age, I've got into lots of troubles for organizing a lottery among my classmates. They ordered me to use all my gains to organize a party for the "victims".

Something tells me that someday you will a billionaire with an interesting story to tell about your early school years. :)

I am sort of thinking the same thing myself.

LG has HUGE plans for the future :)

All I can say is "go Tiger" :D.

Stay well and keep thinking. Jason must be proud of you. Hell, if I was your Dad I would be proud too :D

What an inspiration to us all.

PS: LG....EHT....please talk to me first. Please. I can teach you stuff that you won't learn in Theory Books out there....

All the best,
tvtech

LG said:
Nothing in the rules about me 'GIVING' things at School!

"They" would probably craft a rule because of you. Usually people of reactive and not pro-active. Pro-active is expensive unless they get hit in the pocketbook because of a reactive event.

I got "yelled at" because i told my boss that a piece of $40,000 USD equipment was going obsolete in 6 months. We happened to be moving and re-installing it with a few extra channels at the time during a renovation. I was trying to be pro-active. I didn't mention anything else, but that while on the phone with the vendor I learned that it was going obsolete in 6 months.

I am still waiting for the School to decide if they are going to let me back
They will let you back after a £45 fine. (cash only) lol

In school the dean of men made students clean the bathroom if they told dirty jokes.
The dean then told the jokes in the teachers lounge.
So I rerecorded the dean telling a dirty joke in the lounge.
I got in trouble not the dean.

LG, you're a trip... :cool:.

So's your Dad.

What little I remember of four years of Latin: "non carborundum illegitemi"!

Yep, I watched someone break down his office door, because he made my life and others very miserable at work. Management had a hard time controlling him, but his direct manager didn't care. He put motor oil as a coolant for the horizontal band saw and so the shop amenities got locked up just because of him. he was know it all and would never ask for help. I could have easily provided an alternative to breaking down the door and all it would have required is a phone call. He left his keys in his office and locked the door. I expected him to get in trouble, but I got in trouble instead because I could have prevented the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back