Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steve Irwin, Dead!? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

That really sucks about that guy, Steve Irwin. For those of you who don't know him, he was the guy who played with crocodiles a lot. Anyways, that would be a heck of a way to die! Here is his article on wikipedia;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

I personally thought he was annoying, but some of his shows were quite interesting. What do you think?

It's a big loss, he was a great character and amazingly good with crocodiles, snakes and reptiles.
If you ever go to Australia on holiday, you have to visit his zoo near Beerwah, North of Brisbane, Queensland.
I hope that his family will continiue the Australian Zoo venue.

Here in New Zealand he will be missed and is extremely popular.
Unfortunately this time the hobby, job, playing with dangerous animals, took his life.
You will be missed in our family Steve.
R.I.P.

Myriad people die, every day... His death won't be a great impact in the world. Purely simulated emotions. Somewhen everyone will be forgotten - We are absolutely unimportant for the universe.

very deep nox !!! i thought he was awsome . you were worried for him every time you saw 1 of his programes . "this is the worlds most deadly snakes" he would pick it up !!! theres only a few people left who will beable document and preserve wildlife in the manner that he did ... "watta bute"

dc Damo said:
very deep nox !!! i thought he was awsome . you were worried for him every time you saw 1 of his programes . "this is the worlds most deadly snakes" he would pick it up !!! theres only a few people left who will beable document and preserve wildlife in the manner that he did ... "watta bute"
As you pointed out very well ... job hazard -

I'll miss him but he really did have it comming, it was only a matter of time.

Wether you liked the guy or not matters nought.

Tonight, a childs father is never coming home and that alone should give us all pause for thought, it is a tragedy played upon many stages the world over.

Especially since he has TWO children. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean his death doesn't have an impact on the world. He helped us discover new things, and while doing that, he did what he loved. Life is life, though.

You misunderstand, I actually quite liked the bloke, but he did have it comming.

Do you by any chance happen to be a women, Hero999? With all of the mixed emotions, it is very confusing! :) Just kiddin'! :cool: Yeah, i myself, as stated previously, thought he was annoying. But some of his stuff did teach me quite a bit.

The reason that I admired the guy, and mourn his death to a certain extent, is because he was actually living life to the fullest, taking chances, and having a absolute ball while doing something that he truly loved, and being fairly successful as well....something that we all who spend far too much time in front af a TV or Computor Monitor should strive for (I include myself in this).
Its not tempting fate that matters...or that he supposidly asked for it (????!!!???) or the fact that the universe wont suddenly fall to pieces...or that he will eventually be forgotten in time...its the fact that life is far too short a game...and far too many of us spend our life in the cheap seats, in the safety of the bleachers, instead of taking part...and making a difference.
(again...I am as guilty of this as anyone ...and it truly saddens me even more)
I was lucky enough to work on his film, and spent quite a bit of time sitting at a table with him after the days shoot was done, chatting, and found him to be intelligent, witty, warm, interesting, and a loving father, and son.

Last edited:
I think perhaps the hardest part to understand is that he actually got killed with one of his less dangerous adventures?, he's done some really crazy stuff and got away with it - but life's like that!.

Perhaps a little bit complacent with the less dangerous animals which should be taken a bit more seriously, they do kill after all.
Unfortunately he was in a dangerous trade.

RODALCO said:
Perhaps a little bit complacent with the less dangerous animals which should be taken a bit more seriously, they do kill after all.
Unfortunately he was in a dangerous trade.

I think he was trying to show that deadly animals aren't out to kill us. It's practically always the opposite.

As it has been reported in the news, practically non-stop, very few instances of a Stingray killing a human being have been recorded, I think that I heard only 2 people in 25 years....although many have been hit with the barbs, usually in the arms and legs. It truly was a freak death, as the heart is fairly well protected in the chest.
Lts put this all in perspective people....he was probibly more at risk driving in a car, as hundreds of people every year are killed behind the wheel, most quite close to home.

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it, its a terrible loss to the world, and to conservation.He was an icon. He will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back