Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stero pc speakers interference hum buzz problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklordchris

i was hopeing you guys might help me out a bit.

i have Logitech X-240 2.1 speaker system Amazon.com: Logitech X-240 2.1 Speakers (Black): Electronics

i use it with my pc and the speakers almost constantly have a consistent amount of interference such as electronic hum buzz static etc

but when i use the speakers with anything smaller walkmin, cd players, mp3, gameboy, ipod etc the speakers work just fine. clearity and know static.

so what does that mean? and is their anything i can do to make them work correctly with my pc?

Is the computer plugged into a grounded outlet? Are the powered speakers plugged into the same outlet as the computer?

the computer is plugged into a surge protector thats plugged into a grounded outlet. the speakers are plugged into the same outlet as the surge protector. the speakers plug is a 2 prong and dose not have a ground prong.
and i don't know if the cable running out from the system is shielded.
however i have picked up radio stations at least once and i think i also picked up the airport by my house before

Of course the system will produce hum and buzzing if its input cables are not shielded. The system was shipped from the factory with shielded audio cables for the inputs. Use them.

i got it used and this thing is kind of cheap. the cables are connected directly to the speakers, that is to say they don't detact from the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back