Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stereo Mute timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swifty

Hi there,
I'm trying to build a car kit for my mobile phone, I have got the pinout's for the phone so that I can hook this up to my stereo's inputs, but I need the stereo to mute when on the phone.
The stereo has a telephone mute wire, which I believe mutes the unit when grounded, but I haven't yet had chance to check.
The problem is I need some sort of a timer that can be activated by the audio signal from the phone becoming live, and that starts counting when the signal is lost, for say.. 3 seconds or so.
Because I am going to try taking the telephone mute signal from the audio output on the phone (as there is no proper connector for this)
If I didn't have a timer I think that the stereo would keep cutting back in, if there was silence for a second or so.... which obviously isn't ideal.

Also does anyone know how I can use the + wire for the audio output on the phone to give the stereo a - signal when its live ?

Sorry if this is simple but I'm no electronics guru, so if you can keep it as n00b as possible :lol: :oops:

Many thanks, merry christmas everyone.
Neil

Could you use a “sound activated relay” circuit??
Like this one: **broken link removed**
Putting it on the cellphone output.

What do you have built so far???
What are you using for the input of the mic?

I am not much help on your problem. but I am hoping you may be able to help me

Thanks,
Nothing built yet, still in the planning stages.
I am hoping to use a tie clip style mic, mounted in the car along with a small amplifier, that then runs to the relevant pins on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back