Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stereo Hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocking find

Hello. Here is my problem: I have a stereo patch cord - tip ring sleeve - plugged into the back of my computer and I have two speakers. Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to connect the four wires from the two speakers to the three poles (tip ring sleeve) of the stereo patch cord??? I would be grateful!

As already stated the ground (sleeve) would be common to both speaker channels. However first you have to figure out what kind of output your PC speaker jack is designed for. If it's line out level then it needs amplified speakers or a amplifer if you have passive speakers.

Lefty

Let me see if I understand this...

Okay, let met me recapitulate, assess, reconnoiter and administrate. Positive wire from left speaker attaches to tip. Positive wire from right speaker attaches to ring. Negative wires from both left and right speakers attach to sleeve. Is that the way electronics engineers of yore designed it?

shocking find said:
Okay, let met me recapitulate, assess, reconnoiter and administrate. Positive wire from left speaker attaches to tip. Positive wire from right speaker attaches to ring. Negative wires from both left and right speakers attach to sleeve. Is that the way electronics engineers of yore designed it?
fantastic now you are an expert on thre wire conncetion. what is next 4 wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back