Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

patil.inst

hi,
i have bought a ready made circuit which consists of 89s52 microcontroller and uln2803 Ic to run stepper motor.Can i run two unipolar bidirectional stepper motor with this IC.Also can i run them simultanously?

hi,
i want to know the same thing posted above. i m making an obstacle detector robot using 89s52 and uln 2803. i wanted to know can i run two different stepper motors in two different directions and also in same direction as needed during the forward motion and zero radius turning of the robot. plz reply

boy do I get tired of answering this question... NO!!!!!

125C max junction - 30C ambient = 95C

95C / 50C/W = 1.9W ABSOLUTE MAX DISSIPATION

1.9W / 1.5V (typical) = 1.25A ABSOLUTE MAX FOR THE ENTIRE CHIP!!!

So if you have two steppers that take under 200mA per winding, knock yourself out. If they take more, as is likely, knock the ULN2803 out!

If you bought a ready made circuit why don't you contact the company/person that made the circuit? We can't help you with somebody elses module. They usually come with manuals. Do you two perhaps go to the same school?

hi,
thanx a lot for ur info ubergeek63....
@sceadwian: sir, i haven't purchased the ckt. jst found it in forums and assembled the components myself

actually i am a newbie in the field of robotics and jst learning 8051 programming. i m making an obstacle detecting robot as my final yr project using 89s52 and ir sensor which uses tsop 1738. assembling part of robo is over and made isp also. want to clear some doubts and also need help in programming.
i want to know if tsop's output is digital and can i directly connect it to 89s52??
also can someone help me with the codes if u guys have it...?? looking forward...plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back