Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radialspel

Hello!

I have a steppermotor namned dynasyn 4sq-120b.

I cannot find any datasheet on it, could the color on the cable tell me something?? The colors are: blue,red,white,yellow,brown and black.

How do I connect it???

radialspel said:
Hello!

I have a steppermotor namned dynasyn 4sq-120b.

I cannot find any datasheet on it, could the color on the cable tell me something?? The colors are: blue,red,white,yellow,brown and black.

How do I connect it???

Search on google (which should be your first stop for ANYTHING!) for 'stepper tutorial' or 'stepper motor', you will finds LOADS of sites that tell you everything you need to know.

But basically use an ohm-meter to seperate the windings into the two pairs, and find which is the common wire of each pair, then use a battery and a couple of wires to find the stepping sequence required - it's really VERY easy to do!.

Thanks!

It´s works fine now... But the tourqe on hispeed isn´t what i expected, On low speeds(20 rpm) there is a nice tourqe but att hispeeds(60 rpm) there is a massive lost of tourque.

What can i do to make the steppermotor stronger at hi rpm:s???

Edit:

One more question:

Im controling the steppermotor from a PIC16F84, and i cannot get that rpm i wanted. Is the 16F84 so slow or what?? The maximum of pulses i can get is around 200/s and that makes the motor rotate at 1 rpm/s!!

code for rotation:

void mfram(char sp)
{
data0 = 1;
data1 = 1; //a+b
delay(sp); //delay set to 1 mS
data0 = 0;
data2 = 1; //b+c
delay(sp);
data1 = 0;
data3 = 1; //c+d
delay(sp);
data2 = 0;
data0 = 1; //d+a
delay(sp);
data3 = 0;

}

radialspel said:
Thanks!

It´s works fine now... But the tourqe on hispeed isn´t what i expected, On low speeds(20 rpm) there is a nice tourqe but att hispeeds(60 rpm) there is a massive lost of tourque.

What can i do to make the steppermotor stronger at hi rpm:s???

Again, the stepper tutorials on the net will help you, basically you can feed the stepper from a far higher voltage via wireqound resistors, this will help increase speed - the net tutorials explain it all.

You should bear in mind that steppers are essentially low speed and low power, plus they don't actually rotate - only move a single step at a time.

Edit:

One more question:

Im controling the steppermotor from a PIC16F84, and i cannot get that rpm i wanted. Is the 16F84 so slow or what?? The maximum of pulses i can get is around 200/s and that makes the motor rotate at 1 rpm/s!!

code for rotation:

void mfram(char sp)
{
data0 = 1;
data1 = 1; //a+b
delay(sp); //delay set to 1 mS
data0 = 0;
data2 = 1; //b+c
delay(sp);
data1 = 0;
data3 = 1; //c+d
delay(sp);
data2 = 0;
data0 = 1; //d+a
delay(sp);
data3 = 0;

}

Obviously a 16F84's speed depends on it's clock speed, but I can't imagine you're running it at a slow enough speed to make any difference?. It should be many thousands of times faster than a stepper motor can possibly require.

One revolution per second is about all you can expect from a stepper motor fed off a low voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back