Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Hi to all.

Recently I've been reading into stepper motors a bit and found an older stepper motor in my basement. From what I've read they are divided in bipolar and unipolar steppers, also there are full steps, half steps and so on..

The model that I have is this one :

**broken link removed**

while it doesn't have any info on what kind it is. Can they be recognized from the number of wires, colours or..?

Once again, I'm just starting out with steppers and am trying to get to know them.

Thanks.

the voltage rating on steppers is a LIE! the winding current is what is critical. the problem is they do not tell you why it is. depending on the design it could be core saturation, winding temperature, or at high frequency core temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back