Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor with 16f876a

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay543_uk

hi all
iv been working on a circuit to convert a inductive type sensor output to a 0v to 5v square wave form. Iv got this sorted now but now i wanna drive a bipolar stepper motor from a 16f876a pic.
My project is a car speedo that uses a abs sensor as a speed sensor which sends its signs to a 16f876a and then i am planning to drive a bipolar stepper motor to indircate a speed by positioning a needle over the speed.
Are bipolar stepper motors easy to use and can they hold a steady position with out jumping around.

havnt really planned any of the code yet but i am also very new at .asm code so if any one can help with any code for the whole project i would love to hear it.

the abs runs off a 32 tooth ring so there are 32 square outputs to one turn of the road wheel.

thanls for any help

how much harder is it to control bipolar compared to unipolar, the only reason i ask is because i have a load of old instrument clusters which have bipolar stepper motors fitted to them which i can remove or i will have to go out and buy a bipolar instead. trying to save money

guess i will be using unipolar instead then, the motors that i have at the moment i have just guessed they are bipolar because they have 4 wires.

could they be any other stepper motor or am i right in saying they are bipolar

so how can i tell a bipolar from a unipolar, iv looked on ebay and there are some small stepper motors with 5 or 6 wires, dont say if they are unipolar or not

jay543_uk said:
so how can i tell a bipolar from a unipolar, iv looked on ebay and there are some small stepper motors with 5 or 6 wires, dont say if they are unipolar or not

Unipolar will have 4 wires, and bipolar will have 5 or 6 (usually!).

hi,
is there any possibility for controllin cell usin at commands...... wat type of cell ........and if any one havin software for sony 618i (at commands)............ plz help me.... i have to send sms from one mobile to anothr without touchin the mobile usin..... at commands via usb cable>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nigel Goodwin said:
Unipolar will have 4 wires, and bipolar will have 5 or 6 (usually!).
I think you got that backwards Nigel. Unipolar are usually 5 or 6 wires and Bipolar is 4 wires...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back