Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

OY2L

I have this Unipolar Mitsumi Stepper motor but i cant find out the wiring, there is one yellow and four pink wires, can somone giv me tip??

Attachments

• IMG_6809.GIF
    IMG_6809.GIF
    391.1 KB · Views: 961
Yellow is probably the common, pink are the four windings. Use a multimeter, the resistance between two pink wires should be double the resistance between a pink and the yellow wire if this is the correct wiring. Or, take a battery, connect yellow to one end of battery, then take turns connecting each pink wire to the other end of the battery one at a time.
Stepper motor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As Norlin states, the yellow wire is most-likely to be the common. The pink wires are most-likely to be the phase winding wires.

Have a look at Nigel's Unipolar Stepper Tutorial here:

Although a six-wire Unipolar Stepper Motor is depicted in Nigel's tutorial, a five wire Unipolar Stepper Motor also applies since the two + common wires are joined together inside the motor and not on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back