Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

baberjaved

I have a 2-Phase 1.8degree stepper motor but I can't seem to find out wether it is Unipolar or Bipolar. Infact em actually confused about this topic... Can the same motor be used in both Unipolar and Bipolar mode.
There are six wires coming out of the motor... Do i need to use all six of them for bipolar as two of them were capped out when i got the motor.

hey javed..

hey Javed..

i know what the motor you are talking about..

i also use the same motor..

Believe me.. no need of checking whether it is unipolar or bipolar..

just interface it.. with the microcontroller..

All you have to check is which wire is power and which is a , b , c , d..

read this www.freewebs.com/maheshwankhede for stepper motor..

remember,

this stepper motor is less than one us dollar if you buy it from junkyard..

otherwise .. it is an expensive thing..

Regards,

Simran..

hey,
it is so simple just check whether it has 6-wires or 4-wires, if it has 6 or 5-wires its a Unipolar Stepper Motor, which has more easy drive and interface with u-controller, and if it has 4-wires its a Bipolar Stepper Motor.....
Just check out which wire is which, means to determine the POWER common wires, A, B, C, D..... please see the link below:

**broken link removed**

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back