Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir1

hi guyz..........i want to control a unipolar 2 phase stepper motor using at89c51 ive also made the connections but it doesnot work properly i dont know what is the problem with it.........here by ive attached the picture and code for your help plz reply what is the problem

Attachments

• stepper motor.png
    stepper motor.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 186
What does it do at the moment? Does it buzz? Could you have the wires in the wrong order? Can you manually step the motor?

Mike.

no i cannot manually step it looks like it has stalled i mean brake has applied it just moves two step cw and two steps ccw although the code is for complete rotation continuosly

You might have your wires crossed (literally). Try changing the sequence in your code to 8,1,4,2 and see if that helps.

Mike.

what is the difference between unipolar and bipolar stepper motors??

A bipolar has a centre tap on each winding meaning you can connect this tap to the supply and use a pair of transistors to control each winding instead of a bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back