Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

magester1

I've got some stepper motors i recovered from old printers, with 5/6 wires coming out (actually 5, because the five wires ones join 2 at the motor and the six wires ones do the exact same thing but on the circuit board).
And i also have two drivers: ULN2023A and ULN2803A.

What i want to do is connect one motor to a power supply so it runs without being controlled or anything, however, i know it can't be done like that, thats why i mentioned the drivers. My question is, how can i connect one motor to a driver so that it will run (as if it was a normal DC motor, on/off)? i don't want to use any microcontroller or port.
Is it possible? if so, which driver would be better to use?
I'd appreciate diagrams for both 2023 and 2803.

I've also got a MB3775 i took out some time ago (cant renember from where), is there anyway i could use it with the 2803 or 2023?

You see the part that said transistors you use your un2023a there. You use the rest of the it to time turning it on 1 coil at time over and over

Last edited:
I see what your saying, but im trying to make it as simple as i can, where i live is impossible to find even the 555, so i have to use what i have.
I've decided to use the PC Parallel Port, i know C++ programming and how to use it with the port, the only thing i can't figure out by myself is the delay i must use between switching phases, could anyone help me with that?

Take a look here
CodeProject: Stepper Motor Control through Parallel Port. Free source code and programming help
It should help you
Code:
	/****
	 *  spin.c
	 *  Linux program to spin a permanent magnet motor *
	    the sense switch gives forward/reverse control *
							****/
	#include <unistd.h>

#define motor_number 15
	#define microsec     1
	#define millisec     (1000*microsec)

int steptab[] = { 9, 10, 6, 5 };

main()
	{
	    int step = 0;
	    ppsetup();
	    for (;;) {
		if (ppput(steptab[step]|motor_number<<4)) {
		    step = (step + 1)&3;
		} else {
		    step = (step - 1)&3;
		}
		usleep( 100 * millisec );
	    }
	}

Last edited:
hello all,

I' have buy the SLA7062M unipolar stepper motor driver/translator . I' would like to ask as about that, how can i control this chip with microcontroler-PIC.
I use the PIC16F876 and i've clock frequency 10MHz for timing. So, the instruction word is tc= 0,4 μsec. More over, i saw the picture with name "logic input timing" in datashet of SLA7062M on page 4.

could you write a simple code in assembly code which is possible to move stepper motor???

John,

Try this site
and this 1 to It's easier to get going
Nigel Goodwin wrote it and real good he tells you all about how to do pwm and shows you
how to make a driver board after that you'll be ready to use your LB11847.
hope this helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back