Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor driver using PIC16f627a without driver chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanTech

Hi there

I'd like to know if anyone has a simple schematic to connect a stepper motor to a microcontroller. I'm a little new to electronics and would also appreciate a simple explanation on how stepper motor works. Is it possible to connect a stepper motor to a pic16f627a without the driver chip or is there an alternative circuit I can build?

I have a 12V, 6 Ohm stepper motor with 4 wires (red, yellow, brown, black - the red and yellow wires have continuity and the brown and black wires as well).

thanks in advance
JeanTech

Hi there

I'd like to know if anyone has a simple schematic to connect a stepper motor to a microcontroller. I'm a little new to electronics and would also appreciate a simple explanation on how stepper motor works. Is it possible to connect a stepper motor to a pic16f627a without the driver chip or is there an alternative circuit I can build?

I have a 12V, 6 Ohm stepper motor with 4 wires (red, yellow, brown, black - the red and yellow wires have continuity and the brown and black wires as well).

thanks in advance
JeanTech

Only four wires is a bi-polar motor, so it's much harder to interface and program than a uni-polar one. You need to H-Bridges for a bi-polar, as opposed to four simple transistors for a uni-polar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back