Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor current rating question

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiecles123

i have a unipolar stepper motor 5.1v and 1A. im planning to use an adaptor in running in. what adaptor will i use? the one with current rating of 1A or higher?

Hi.

It depends on HOW you're going to use your stepper. Otherwise, the two ratings is not directly related to each other because you dont have to run your stepper at maximum current. I would rather recomend you to run your stepper a more clever way so it doesn't draw that much current, exept when heavily loaded.

coz my 7v 1A adapder got damage after i connected it to the circuit
Why do I beleive that you just tried to connect the adapter directly onto the stepper?

I would strongly recomend you to read through this text explaining stepper motors and how to make them working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back