Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor controller using 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush_it1

i am newcomer to uc world
I want to build a robotic arm using stepper motor and ic 8951
Somebody tell me a basic circuit for STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER
along with the coding required

i have visited net also but most of them are with some complicated logics

Please check out Jones on Stepper Motors on the Internet... It's become a standard primer on Stepper Motor basics...

Good luck with your project... Regards, Mike

It's not at all complicated, just connect some high current drivers like ULN2003 or our own high power transistor (You might need to use darlington pair to get required gain) to any 4 port pins. The selection of the transistor depends on what type of stepper motor you are going to use and there current ratings.

The code is:

MOV A,#66H ;LOAD STEP SEQUENCE
BACK: MOV P1,A ;ISSUE SEQUENCE TO MOTOR
RR A ;ROTATE RIGHT CLOCKWISE
ACALL DELAY ;WAIT
SJMP BACK ;KEEP GOING

DELAY
MOV R2,#100
H1: MOV R3,#255
H2: DJNZ R3,H2
DJNZ R2,H1
RET
Connect p1.0,p1.1,p1.2,p1.3 to the bases of four NPN transistors with Ice rating greater than the per phase current rating of the stepper motor. If the motor is 6 wire, short the two center taps & connect them to the Vcc. MAke sure that the controller is connected to the bases with suitable curent limiting resistors, allowing just enough current to drive the transistor into saturation. Ground the emitters of all the transistors, & connect the remaining four wires to each collector. Since u dont want to go into complex logic, just keep switching the four wires from collector to collector until the motor runs

thanks you all for your suggesstions...
hope my project runs after implementing them.

mike i could not understand " jones on stepper motor"
is it some site or what... do tell me....

Hello i m newbies in mc can anyone tell me about any small software to write assembley language program for 89c51.

and i want to creat a delay one one 1hour how can i create it ...plz give me any coding for it.
thanks

Hello i m newbies in mc can anyone tell me about any small software to write assembley language program for 89c51.

and i want to creat a delay one one 1hour how can i create it ...plz give me any coding for it.
thanks

Keil is best for writing assembly as well as c language programs for 8051 microcontrollers..

Surely you can create 1 hr delay with nested loops and/or timers...

microcontroller project

hi dear i am new-comer in this blog, i want to make small microcontroller based project using stepper motor have you any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back