Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper connection with L298

Status
Not open for further replies.

baberjaved

The L298 has four outputs.. OUT1,OUT2,OUT3 and OUT4....
Which stepper wire would go into what output? One coil into OUT1 and OUT2 and the second coil into OUT3 and OUT4?

Secondly without any motor connected what should be the output voltages on these outputs when using a 30V Vdd.

Heres the circuit

Attachments

• l298drv.gif
    l298drv.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,436
baberjaved said:
The L298 has four outputs.. OUT1,OUT2,OUT3 and OUT4....
Which stepper wire would go into what output? One coil into OUT1 and OUT2 and the second coil into OUT3 and OUT4?

Secondly without any motor connected what should be the output voltages on these outputs when using a 30V Vdd.

Yes, if your motor is biplor 4 wires.

Without load, the output voltage should be close to Vdd.

:)

Wingmax said:
I overlooked one thing, the output is a complementry, so if the input is turned on, the output should be about half of Vdd even if no load.

Sorry, i didnt get you =(
Why half the output.. coz thats exactly what i am getting... but when i simulate in Proteus i get full Vdd
Also is there any possible way to check if the L298 is working fine by applying basic voltages only separate from the L298/L297 circuit?

Last edited:
Sorry, the output of L298 is not complementary so I don't think the output voltage is half of Vdd. In fact it doesn't sound right if only half of the supply voltage to drive the motor. So without load and the input is on, one would assume the output should be about Vdd.
I have a L293 and that's what it measured. I don't have a L298 so I can't measure it for you.

You should be able to drive the L298 without the L297. The L297 just make it easier for programming. Apply voltage to Ena pins and logic level to input pins should be able to test the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back