Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step motor wiring diagram?? need help 5V - --- > 12V

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxglobal

Im working on a manual headlight adjustment project. The step motors im using are 12V and i want to use this kit's wiring diagram, but its rated at 5V.

1. Can someone help me change the wiring to 12V??
2. How can this board be setup for 2 motors?
3. will this setup allow the motors to move up and down once the variable switch is adjusted?
4. Will the settings be relative to the switch? (Headlights need to be at the same level)

Im new to this, what are the listed parts. Can i just take them to an electronic's store to get them all and then wire them up. (im only used to LEDS, sorry)

I also dont see where the variable switch is on the diagram.
heres a pic of the board and the description they gave.
**broken link removed**

"Kit designed to drive 5,6 or 8 lead Unipolar stepper motors. Board will drive motors rated 6-30VDC @ 1.25A or less. On board 5VDC regulator provides stable power to the 555 clock IC & the UCN5804B driver IC. Features: Full, 1/2 and single step modes; Standard & Wave (higher holding torque) drive; Forward/reverse switch.On board pot controls speed. 4 LEDs indicate winding that is energized. Ideal kit for those learning about step motors."

Wiring diagram
**broken link removed**

Thank you,

Ciprian

2) to control 2 boards, you can buy 2 boards or connect 2 motors on the same board. but then one motor must be 0.6A max.

variable swich it the pole on the left

1)you just connect the powerlines to 12V and it generates the 5V on the board and 12V goes into the stepper (stepper motors must be 12V aswell)

3(yes

4) yes

"5") yes

i didnt note that. I got the diagram and the pic from a different web site. They just had soldering kits and this stepper motor kit. They look identical. Maybe my source was just the distributor. Thanks

Im not really looking to buy the kit since i want to alter the board to take higher amperage motors. I dont know how big the auto ones are (still in the mail) but to move the headlight up and down, it would need quite a bit of power. Definetly larger that 0.6 A.

Any tips on how to increase power/amperage to the motors.

I will give you guys the specific details on the motors when i get them. So far i know they are 12 V and about the size of 250ml glass (3inch diameter cylinder)

So they probably have some sort of reduction system in there. I may be in luck.

THanks everyone.

Ciprian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back