Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step-down voltage without transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a rectifier circuit to convert 220 VAC to 220 VDC. I have tried using a diode bridge 600V/35A and filter capacitor 220uF/450V but output voltage is 300VDC. is there any way to step down the voltage 300VDC to 220VDC?? Thanks

What am I missing here. You are starting with 220 VAC mains power and you said when you rectified the 220 VAC and added a capacitor to filter it you got about 300 VDC. I explained why in a previous post. Did you measure the output of the rectifier without the capacitor in the circuit? As soon as that circuit is loaded that 300 VDC will drop to the rectified value of the RMS signal you are starting with.

Now you say you need the 220 VDC to drive IGBT modules so you can make 220 VAC @ 50 Hz. You started with 220 VAC and maybe I assume wrong but 50 Hz.

Ron

Can we see the bigger picture?

What exactly ware you trying to do?

What's the input and output voltage and frequency?

What are you trying to power?

Are you just trying to convert the mains supply to a different frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back