Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step Down Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundman

Hello,

I have a step down transformer rated at 220V in input and 24V at the output. Whats is the said value, RMS or peak or...?

Attachments

• t.jpg
    t.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 320
Hi,

Sounds like 24v rms to me. If it is written on the device then it is going to be rms most likely.

Ok Tanks for the reply,

1: How much of DC voltage I will get and can expect at the final output if I use a full wave diode and smoothing caps at the output of this 48V transformer? What if I use a 2x24 transformer?
2: My AC multimiter shows 55V at the output of the said transformer without any load?? I do not know how many of resistance is enough to be used when I want to measure the AC output voltage?

Ok Tanks for the reply,

1: How much of DC voltage I will get and can expect at the final output if I use a full wave diode and smoothing caps at the output of this 48V transformer? What if I use a 2x24 transformer?
2: My AC multimiter shows 55V at the output of the said transformer without any load?? I do not know how many of resistance is enough to be used when I want to measure the AC output voltage?

hi,
The Vpeak the capacitor will charge up to is approx: Vrms * 1.414

Its looks like a low VA rated transformer, I would say about 6VA.
I would expect 55Vrms off load and approx 48V fully loaded.

Hello,

I have a step down transformer rated at 220V in input and 24V at the output. Whats is the said value, RMS or peak or...?
It's either or both, as long as you use the same parameter for both the input and output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back