Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step down from 12v computer power supply to 9v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teratosis

Hi there, I am nowhere near an expert at electronics but I can follow instructions extremely well. I have a small project where I have a computer power supply which provides a +12v DC output with a 52a max output according to the manual.
The device(A) I need to power requires 9vDC, 250- 300mA, center positive.

Is it possible to step down that +12v to give device(A) the power it needs?
If so, what would I need to accomplish this?

Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering, is there such a circuit board product that has a Molex connector on one side that steps down to say 9v? Something premade?
THanks.

Nothing I am aware of turn key out of the box but it would take a tiny piece of board from Radio Shack (or like) a 9 volt regulator and a few parts. Hack the molex connector from old hardware or any adapter cable, I have all sorts lying around. You are looking at less than ten bucks and maybe 30 min of time. Not a difficult circuit to assemble even for the unskilled.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back