Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact they say the "demo failed". Is it so people believe it works and it failed this time?

These guys (or that Sean guy) is good. He keeps them waiting for the next act, and I wonder how the investors are feeling..

mramos1 said:
The fact they say the "demo failed". Is it so people believe it works and it failed this time?

These guys (or that Sean guy) is good. He keeps them waiting for the next act, and I wonder how the investors are feeling..

Well an investor would have to be pretty dumb to put money into such an obvious scam, I imagine the 'failed' demo is just a ploy to screw more money out of the same dumb investors?.

Nigel, at this point he has to have some kind of working product or he's going to jail, too much money is involved. I read a web interview he did and from what little information I could gleam the device offers an efficiency gain under some strange conditions. Not really free energy but he could be covered from a legal aspect. Sounds like a Segway to me. Huge marketing hype about how this new device is going to change the world, and it turns out to be a two wheeled scooter. Granted a self balancing two wheeled scooter, but still it's just a scooter.

I'm still interested in why they are so focused on building such a tiny proto type. Usually one would start out with a model that you can work with and easily get parts for, the scale it up or down as needed. The videos I saw on the web were crappy at 56k, but doen't remember seeing it make a complete revolution without Mr. Hand pushing or tweeking on something.

From the interview linked above, he states the next demo will be purely web based, sort of a video chat room. Veiwers can ask questions, and the operators will demonstrate (if they can). Imagine there will be more technical problems, and there will be more talk then motion.

I wonder if magnets can be manufactured with a precise and predictable strength, or need to be sorted after they are made?

Nigel Goodwin said:
But it's a scooter that WORKS!.

On the segway, I heard when the battery got low on the first units, they did nasty things to the rider. But they do work.

What gets me, the Steorn guy is still saying they will be back. It would not take this long if they had something working at their office, just a webcam. And of course if we see it online we know it works ;D.

Maybe you have to be under a fast spinning fan and that was not there for the London demo. That is probably the "strange condition" :) Of next door to a power plant.

I still think it is a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back