Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starting with LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus=

Most Helpful Member
Just downloaded LTSpice, now the hard part! Learning how to use it.

Where do you find models for generic type components? I need a 339 comparator but all I could find was Linear Techs part numbers. Where do you get the models from?

I used the forum search and Google but must not be wording it right.

Thanks for any help.

Join the LTSpice User's Group on Yahoo (must register). There is a useful collection of parts (like the LM339) downloadable from there.

ps, I have a model for the LM393 and LM339.

Here is a running sim which includes the 339. Unzip it into a clean subdir, and play with it.

Attachments

• 339.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:
Thank you Mike. Are regular spice models from other manufacturers compatible with LTSpice?

Last edited:
Yes, almost all text-based "Spice" models are useable in LTSpice. There are some specialized, proprietary (e.g. HSpice) models that are not.

Incorporating them into LTSpice usually requires paying attention to pin order, and either using an existing symbol (eg opamp), or making one, and then using the .include or the .model linkage to where the actual text model is found.

Last edited:
Thank you again Mike! When it comes to using a computer program like LTSpice, I am dumb as a rock. You have been very helpful so far, I really hate to keep bugging you.

Would you mind giving me a step by step on how to add the models to LTSpice? I joined the Yahoo group and Googled but couldn't find how to add models spelled out. I really need help. Thanks again.

Did you run the example I posted above? It has all of the steps required to link a symbol to its model. btw-this question has been dealt with hundreds of times on Yahoo; Helmut answers this question at least once a day :D

Last edited:
Mike ,this is what the zip had under 339. I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I'll bug them over at the Google site. Thanks for your help.

PK  ?<?8Ä-8>? v  339/LM339A.5_1_ti.txt??Ýn?0?ïyŠ?^5?âØTÊ5Nä]?0?û.yø?I??Ým??øññç?3c?ÑZ7-?Ð?öhaÂÛ?MaÄÃК1 ??ý?ùÙ?ÑÌ.ek?Ñ?Év?'ç? >MXì8?àQ?A_???Ú6m?*žTEëF?àÑoÛÇÞ[?hÉôÀ?qž?$é|œ9Ñ???@Î?arÉ-?~^ìHÖcìÿ|?žáí?ý1|F?Ö???'ïÔ?0?om\îLpç~?[Ÿ?Êl?Åx?EŠ?<D?Î@I)?ÝìhbqÄæŠ#Ð??Ê???ÆÏ?vº?d?ÂÉyÖrÖê
z?ô5u
?skÅwÓ\&.?? úøè?}ýfIÕx>ìs!??zuçýÕ??Âw??ùeöŠ?i?éJvÓ?È?åº?dcìšÞÜ?媪KW$?Pr
%+\C0??Á|?6?"o?þ?ù?oŠ\ìh????Ð??Úè"?/x?ºW??7?@?Úê[?î?ÈO?èÐgÂúnÊðPK  ?<?8?CT?? u  339/LM393A.5_1_ti.txt??Ýn?0?ïyŠ?^5?âØTÊ5Nä]?0?û.yø?I??Ým??øññç?3c?ѺÑ-?Ð?öhaÂÛ?MaÄÃК1 ??ý?ùÙ?ÑÌ.ek?Ñ?Év?'ç? >MXì8?àQ?A_???Ú6m?*žTEëF?àÑoÛÇÞ[?hÉôÀ?qž?$é|œ9Ñ???@Î?arÉ-?~^ìHÖcìÿ|?žáí?ý1|F?Ö???'ïÔ?0?om\îLpç~?[Ÿ?Êl?Åx?EŠ?<D?Î@I)?ÝìhbqÄæŠ#Ð??Ê???ÆÏ?vº?d?ÂÉyÖrÖê
z?ô5u
?skÅwÓ\&.?? úøè?}ýfIÕx>ìs!??zuçýÕ??Âw??ùeöŠ?i?éJvÓ?È?åº?dcìšÞÜ?媪KW$?Pr
%+\C0??Á|?6?"o?þ?ù?oŠ\ìh????Ð??Úè"?/x?ºW??7?@?Úê[?î?ÈO?èÐgÂúnÊþPK  Â?œ3N?3 ?  339/potentiometer.asyu?Mnƒ0??HÜaPEæ'?,?H?,P @I?$0?,FÆ?Íí
?
??4òâ}ïÍŒí3òš?LU?îÅ?åñ?BØ]WU\Ç;?Çx?ä?Y`ÛÝ??Æ??M$ë??ÙÓÿ~Ó?pâo???Á?tstSÆÆÀ$Ýä?æ@;~m-???ÕÅñþ?ÝÄ?ºî.Þ??ltrûrôyÚÅqç$oBÁÄV#ïðE+äÛÕz0oô>%ªhŠ'?aX
Ê
ÈÇë?ÓJtbMkÁ8ÏÞ(šZ -Ó?ÉpÜgU7WU ï?=??1é?-??@Ø
R??Ï3ä?=??åèÛlT?Qù KÑýlÔP?PK  Å?œ3QÎ?û? ?  339/potentiometer.subÓRÉÈ,V ??ŒT??ü?Ô??ÌüÜÔ?Ô".-0?ÇPW?Ì?ÑÕ5?É*(Ô ?Æ\Z\zÁ?NÎÞ!?f)*eõ
?sÊms2s3K4Ê3
R?t suô,--5?? ?ÊŒªƒJòK?4 uË5k??@"F01??ž?ŸK0 PK  & ~<$#'Ñ 8  339/SawLM339.asc?WÛnã6}7à`ßZv)Šº!ØÇñn?õ
?ãM?
o?nÔµ%Ã??Mÿ?ÿ?Š7IN_š?òá\Ï Gô6;UyYÞï??L6Ä#~Ì)aœÅýÞ?i:!ƒ?qBa??óÃ1N?ÅX"ÆâØb\ŠÉùL*Z/V ãHXë?$q?DL*NHXiÆ ~sÜ?øéÃmÏ?Å?Ðñ??ôÔÆ(ÇÕõì?X?3@ØÍÝzQX??b;hd"ðC?Jo?t?]?d?<ƒx??K??c?,Nk0qe1Nôr\œdH?Ò??Ö*Nbú?Á2 ÄÙqÒ?H??Ó
jYL??uNð???5èÉM7? ly?Ý?MÙnCÄp?tÁ??|ðî?R?1X5
<!ªv??$Zï:Mƒ(æåÈ?&ì4- <BP????<?áF?
?#Ëc#jA,?ªxm??Î?>DåÊ?@ê#-?ÑO???ME?þ47TÕB?????!r&_`
9Ò+-'?%Vyêü?Z?Âêä??\???b?ZYô??\)m?JGG?,?ön?J?ß{?}???@?nuÖ??ïýÞt?š.,?<
WŒ?ëÑ?!D]5ô?eu Œ#M?är?Æd?L
W??ÆŒ??????MÿÖSÏFªgÓXk????þm~?œ?çr/v_3E`HRÉóâfù ?}?aÎ????Ÿ4P?3ÚlR??Ý!#[fÁínÎ?Ç/?SÓfþÿýym?ÛÙzò#?4ñ`?>øNéá'Ë)?N
?ezÉrµ-óaô???ðE)?lÈò? n7åÑÍ6?.?(?I?y?Z?wËÕh?BëXè?Aßú\ó?l^>f{2?û~22?þΊì?Ÿm?z?;Ã?Ò???àÕ*Ütªpýû]ÌÇñ?ÍšŒaâ?M?i?ã?Éd??Ž_QãðXŠ?yyÈ?+û?bn?ƒƒ?Àé?Ïy?Ùg??Ú`*Jñ.øH?çÇìôn\"Ýët~?Þ(E??wÈ??ó?z??_L? ARßqêŠvÃdFëaw?Gó?J@<???;??9î?I?-øQÂïùåÃÖ?yÖpú?UþŸçFf??>xåÔŒ/éÛès8DøÑ?ùz?óÒMwÁ=7ÏŠ???Ym?þÐor$? ?åuDÇ!ÌÏú?Íän?è?YÞÈCqÚ??Þ?(Ž?À??.Æ?Û??šeÃà??YäCñ?hª@?Y?âa?Ò5Á?:Ñ*>DÇ ?0!(??O?(KñDn@ôA??ûbžËÈ|?{Ìþ,Ÿ?o/???` \4=ªÍDxð`?*ÇÆŠÞ??RÏärãdUš??O
b?ù?<?u~8ïwÿa.?ý?k[P?Þz?ÊDEÄ)??}ö ?žn?(I?Þ?_ï>?T?]Vå?ü?1?ñò,ŽgAŽç}?Áx{OCí('?:W7cR??G????6äŸû?t2ÞŒf?(O?Ýž ^ßó?.8óñžÔïý
PK  ?<?8ÆCÍÍ ì  339/XOPAMP.ASYuRËjÃ0?ü{/ÅVRåhš ŽjçÑ?ã( ð
Å)Íßw%Ó?úbfvv?]???ºê:É??ÔEúl$|lãØuâ?o??ºÌ
ðº??cf?šcðuÊg@&?iL1b)F?Fmz4$fÒ?1ÖÆ?(P

ãMØ?œÙr?å??oÄ {úK32??È
?ëž|íÂ4ý??Q?ÜÕWYÀÙû?göZÞÔœ{d#ï?VMkîr?Ô7žM$?K?tþP-?&ÌÊÆuö?ÛÅuq?v??º?ªâY)!ªÞzКú*5,z5Þa^íMªýNm?>?=Nþ?x?YéôTÚIíO?ÕŠC:)^ºÎ/PK
??<  339/PK   ?<?8Ä-8>? v   ?? 339/LM339A.5_1_ti.txtPK   ?<?8?CT?? u   ??Ö 339/LM393A.5_1_ti.txtPK   Â?œ3N?3 ?   ??? 339/potentiometer.asyPK   Å?œ3QÎ?û? ?   ??ù 339/potentiometer.subPK   & ~<$#'Ñ 8   ??? 339/SawLM339.ascPK   ?<?8ÆCÍÍ ì   ???
339/XOPAMP.ASYPK
??<   ÿAû
339/PK   ? 

Do you know how to unzip a zipped file you have downloaded?

You will have to figure out how, because most of the files downloadable from Yahoo, are (you guessed it) ZIP files.

Last edited:
I use 7-zip under Windows and XP has it's on ZIP support built-in.

Thanks every one for the answers. I guess I shouldn't have waited till I was in my 60's to get a computer:confused: I'm trying my best, but it's a hard way to go.

Thanks every one for the answers. I guess I shouldn't have waited till I was in my 60's to get a computer:confused: I'm trying my best, but it's a hard way to go.
Write back when you get the zip file I sent you unzipped into a clean, new sub-directory where you intend to do your Spice circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back