Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Started at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex_rat

Hi guy's Started at last.

Managed to program pic18f452 using swordfish and a pickit2
used an lcd 4x20 that i got from an old fire panel display.

Just had to say Yipee what a buzz.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

A big thanks to all on the forum for all information posted

:D to Spency's tut videos well done mate.

Attachments

• hex_rat.gif
    hex_rat.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 217
Looks great, Spency's (Gramo) video tutorials are handy.
I'm trying to get a local retailer to carry the 16x2 LCDs in Red.

I have seen those red lcds on ebay, they are really nice, i also liked the oled ones they have on there.
I ordered one of the blue backlight with with letters and i love them, im looking to get a few of the 2x16 lines in blue and red for futur projects.

Joe,
If you get a free copy of Proton Basic Lite, a PICKIT2, with the Low count Demo-Board, and a breadboard, you can have an LCD up and running in less than an hour . I havent tried Swordfish, but a lot of people like it
Its so easy :)

Never tried :eek: but i will give it a try

I think you'll have fun attempting. You will learn a lot about why and how a MCU works.

It's well enough, I guess, to use big chips to drive LED arrays and LCDs, but there's a feeling of accomplishment when you can provide the chip with intelligence to perform actual useful work. Like you, I am just a neophyte in the PIC game, so I approach the learning curve in a how-and-why manner. If you are interested, you might take a look at my "Progress Report" on this forum.

Originally posted by AllVol "The Tennesee tinker" if I may say so.
"Like you, I am just a neophyte" I can't remember joining that particular group but I'd be interested in a progress report.

Does one exist or do you intend to compose one. Please tell us a little more about it.

JMcG.

Originally posted by AllVol "The Tennesee tinker" if I may say so.
"Like you, I am just a neophyte" I can't remember joining that particular group but I'd be interested in a progress report.

Does one exist or do you intend to compose one. Please tell us a little more about it.

JMcG.

Hello, Joe. Whadda ya know?

To answer your question, the word neophyte comes from the Greek, meaning, "neo"=new, "phyte", born, or comer; thus a neophyte is a beginner at something. We all are (were) one. There is no club, although the membership potential is vast. Trouble is, most folks don't stay eligible very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back