Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standard analog servos - able to rotate 180º

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I need to buy a servo able to rotate not less than 180º.

Since I do not need too much torque but the 180º rotation capability I browsed the list of Hitec servos at servocity.com.

For all standard analog servos I checked so far, like this

**broken link removed**

they seem to offer them able to rotate 180º if you pay extra 10 USD. Is my interpretation correct?

Hitec is not clear if they analog servos are able to rotate 180º, out of the box. If so, why that extra charge?

What servo similar to this could I buy being sure that it will be able to do that 180º (not less!) rotation? If Hitec, better (to maintain consistency with their splines).

Just in case: I do not like to buy digital...and then a programmer and so on. No thanks.

Really this is a new world for me!!

hi,
The way I read it is, that servo can operate over 180deg providing the controller can drive it with 180deg signal range ie: 600uS thru 2400uS, which it says MOST controllers cannot do.
So if you have a controller that cannot supply the 600/2400uS you need that stretcher/extender,,, how do you plan to drive the servo.?

My own PWM signal.

Gracias Eric. It seems that there is hope after all.

I plan to drive it with my own PWM signal ranging from 600 to 2400 us.

By the way, depending of my supply, my signal has to go up to the supply maximum?

Never done this before.

Gracias Eric. It seems that there is hope after all.

I plan to drive it with my own PWM signal ranging from 600 to 2400 us.

By the way, depending of my supply, my signal has to go up to the supply maximum?

Never done this before.

hi,
They specify the required drive voltage levels that are required to meet the specification.

Attachments

• 000esp04.gif
    000esp04.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 269
Sorry. I should delete my stupid question. The answer was in front of me.

Gracias.

No more questions

After so many contradictory info from different forums, I went to the source:

I've been browsing your catalog but couldn't find information about this:
Are your standard analog servos, or at least some of them, able to rotate 180º (not less than 180), out of the box?
For my project it is crucial to have three of them rotating at least 180º. (NO bang bang, please).
I have no intention of buying digital and associated programmers for the moment.

Their reply:

Hello Agustin,
Thank you for choosing Hitec products. None of our analog servos are able to rotate 180°.

After so many contradictory info from different forums, I went to the source:

I've been browsing your catalog but couldn't find information about this:
Are your standard analog servos, or at least some of them, able to rotate 180º (not less than 180), out of the box?
For my project it is crucial to have three of them rotating at least 180º. (NO bang bang, please).
I have no intention of buying digital and associated programmers for the moment.

Their reply:

Hello Agustin,
Thank you for choosing Hitec products. None of our analog servos are able to rotate 180°.

That's just a stock reply - they aren't made to rotate 180 degrees, so that's the simple answer.

I would suggest you buy a servo and experiment with it, and see what it will do outside it's specified limits.

I am now considering to modify a 3003 from Futaba to make it reach 180º.

I am now considering to modify a 3003 from Futaba to make it reach 180º.

hi,
I would contact that supplier and tell them that their advertised spec for this servo is misleading.

Just rechecked the site, they claim to have a 180deg in stock.!!!!

Attachments

• 000esp02.gif
    000esp02.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 278
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back