Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stair Climbing Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinks

hello everyone...

i needa make a RC Stair Climbing Robot for my project...
am thinking of using IR remote...
but am really confused regarding the structure and mechanism of robot...
(I am not allowed to use Micro controller for the purpose..! :( )

am thinking of using a U shaped wooden structure..wid small wheels...2 in front and two at the rear...while climbing the stair vertically the front wheels will move in reverse and the rear ones in forward...which wud make the robot climb...

Do you think this strategy would work ??

am thinking of using a U shaped wooden structure..wid small wheels...2 in front and two at the rear...while climbing the stair vertically the front wheels will move in reverse and the rear ones in forward...which wud make the robot climb...
I suggest that you try drawing it on a large sheet of paper and consider the direction of rotation of the wheels in all phases of the climb.

QUOTE=Chinks;844921] Do you think this strategy would work ?? [/QUOTE]
No.

JimB

hey, im not too knowledgeable on building robots or anything, but i have heard of Dean Kamen's (inventor of the segway) IBOT, a stair climbing wheelchair, i'm not sure if this is the concept you were trying to convey, but it seems like a pretty good system, YouTube - ibot stairs. good luck, post pictures when your done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back