Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stability of control system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I am studying control theory and I read the topic of position of closed loop poles.It is written that for the system to be stable,the closed loop poles must lie on the left half s-plane.I dont understand why?
Is it that if the poles lie on the right half s-plane,the output of system will grow without bound.
I hope to get some help

The position of the poles determines the gain and phase of the feedback. The open-loop phase must be less than 180 degrees when the feedback gain is >1 for the loop to be stable. Otherwise the loop may oscillate (grow without bound). The open-loop phase and gain is often plotted versus frequency (Bode plot) to determine the gain and phase margin of a feedback system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back