Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Square wave oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobHud

I'm trying to build a square wave oscillator using the NE555 IC and am kinda new to the world of electronics. I am hoping to be able to plug this in to use as an instrument, however all of the schematics that I have found only show one output lead (I'm guessing its the positive?).
I am wondering why this is and if anyone has any schematics that are better suiting to my needs.

thanks

Output is taken from pin 3. Look at figure 4 in the **broken link removed** Note that it takes a special circuit (not shown on the datasheet) to get a 50% duty cycle.

Last edited:
I'm trying to build a square wave oscillator using the NE555 IC and am kinda new to the world of electronics. I am hoping to be able to plug this in to use as an instrument, however all of the schematics that I have found only show one output lead (I'm guessing its the positive?).
Do you mean, where is the output return lead? That's just the circuit common for the 555 IC.

well, if I'm plugging the output up to a 1/4 inch jack, does pin 3 go to the positive or negative lead of the jack? and where does the other (negative or positive) come from in the circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back